Thursday, June 30, 2016

Camping at Mohican

One of my favorite things about summer is camping. Last year we only went camping for one night. Liz was super busy with marching band and there was a ton of rain. Its not much fun to camp when it rains the entire time. We had scheduled 2 camping trips that we cancelled do to the weather. One was when our daughter was at Buckeye Girls State at Mt. Union College. we were going to camp while she was there for 2 nights at Salt Fork. We canceled due the weather. Good thing we did. There were tornado warnings near where our daughter was and other places. At Mt. Union, they had to go in the basement of the building they were in which was the gym. There were classrooms for them to hang out in.
Camping At Wally World 2014

This summer there is no marching band which was most of July and August (she graduated from high school).  The weather has been hot and dry so far. We will be able to camp in the early fall since we won't have weekends tied up with football games and band competitions.  We can also camp during the week because our daughter will be away at college.

Our first camping trip this year was with friends. We went with 2 couples. The women are my running buddies. They were running in the Shawshank Hustle in Mansfield. That race was a 7K. I am not ready to go beyond the 5K so I didn't run. We camped at Mohican Reservation campground. We arranged to get 2 sites next to each other. The sites were very deep and were waterfront. The sites were $35 a nigh plus $10 for any people over 2. It was beautiful. We had 2 pop up campers, a tent and a screen room type canopy. The sites around us had campers and bunches of tents. They partied all night. We were there from Friday to Sunday.
St. Patrick's Day 5K 2015

As usual, it took us longer to then we planned. We left at the time we were planning to arrive. That was about 2 hours late. Our friends with the pop up had arrived just a little before us and the other couple arrived a little after us. The race was on Saturday. They finished the 7K in 51 minutes. That's about how long it takes me to finish a 5K. When they returned, we went tubing on the Mohican River. It was the first time I had ever done that. It was fun but I would like to have a kayak next time. I think that would be better.

We have camped in the Mohican area before but not at this campground. Last time we camped at Wally World (picture above). It would be hard to choice which to stay at next time. The sites were nicer at Mohican Reservation but the bathrooms were great at Wally World. The bathrooms were only ok at Mohican Reservation.

I can't wait to go camping again. I also would love to camp with our friends again. I'll tell you about camping as we continue to camp. My running buddies and I have a 5K planned for July 3 at the Lake County Captains ballpark. This will be the first one I will get a finishers metal. I will post pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment