Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Goal - Grow My Blog


This is my blog that I started because I love to write. I started writing several fiction books but I haven't finished one yet. I write lists, notes, journals, texts, lesson plans (not anymore), and  my books. This blog is suppose to help me write more so I can finish my books. The one I want to finish first is called Temporary Home. Then I have many more ideas and some outlines already started. I write mysteries. (I also read mysteries and watch them on tv.) It has always been my dream to be an author.

I know a lot about writing but not much about blogging. I have been writing but I need to do more to my blog page. There are somethings that are missing - about page, links to my social media pages, and I don't know what else. I also need to work on the design - I'm missing a logo. I know what I want but I don't draw very well or know how to make it on the computer. So I need to learn more about blogging in order to grow my blog.

Cedar Point  - taken by my daughter
Before I started my blog, I sat down with a list of questions about blogging and my friend Christina who writes a blog called Juggling Real Food and Real Life. It is a great blog so check it out. She gave me a lot of information. She helped a lot. I didn't do everything she said. I haven't watched youtube videos about blogs or listened to podcasts. I was so anxious to get started that I rushed through setting up my blog as fast as possible. I am going to have to meet up with her again soon to see if she has anymore advice for me.

In order to grow my blog, I need to:
1. Watch youtube videos suggested by my friend
2. Listen to podcasts suggested by my friend
3. Learn how to make an editorial calendar
4. Post on the 2 days I have planned
5. Read the articles/blog posts I have saved on pintrest
6. Read more blogs in my niche - Lifestyle
7. Connect with bloggers

I have already signed up to go to Bloggy Conference which is September at Cedar Point (on my goal list for 2016). I hope it is fun and that I learn a lot. I have been working on social media. I have a Facebook page, twitter, pinterest and instagram. What other sites do I need? What else should I include? What topics do you want to hear about?




No comments:

Post a Comment