Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Goals: Write my book

Hi. As I wrote in my post about growing my blog, I love to write. I also started this blog to get me writing more.  I wrote my first book in 4th grade as part of a young authors program. It was a children's book with pictures. My brother, Jimmy, was in Kindergarten and was my illustrator. He still draws very well. I will share pictures at a later time. Then we went to a conference. So began my love of writing.
Fairport Harbor in July (My picture)

I have a book started called Temporary Home. It is a mystery. I started writing it the summer my daughter participated in Spirit of America, a boating class. It was at the Fairport Harbor beach. I sat there while she took her class and wrote in a notebook. I remember that is was still cool and I wrapped myself in a my beach towel. When that was over, I set it aside.


Then I took a class at Lakeland Community College taught by a local author, Deanna Adams, called how to write a book. That was a great class. For that class, I typed up the first chapter and an outline for my book. She gave input on both. When the class was over, I put it aside again because I was busy at work writing IEP's (Individual Intervention Plans).


Then I went to the Spring Writer's Conference at Lakeland Community College that is run by Deana Adams. I learned a lot from area writers. Also I met to authors who's books I read. I was so excited to meet them. I took their class on character development. I found out about a writer's group that meets in the area 1 Saturday a month at a library. I went a few times but then I wasn't writing again due to my job and stopped going.


Now that I am no longer teaching, I have plenty of time to write. I started this blog in November/December. I am writing this but not enough. I have not started working on my book again.
In order to help me start writing again, I will

  1. Keep working on this blog.
  2. Make a writing schedule.
  3. Start going to my writer's group again.
  4. Start going to the other writer's group I found that meets on Wednesday nights. 
  5. WRITE!!!!!
  6. Go to the Fall Writer's Conference at Lakeland.
I am writing my blog. The next thing I need to do is create a writing schedule for my blog and my book (as well as other writing). Does anyone else have a writing schedule or a schedule for something they love to do to make it more than a hobby? If you write, what do you like to write? If you don't write, what's your passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment