Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My Favorite Things at Disney


I was just at Disney in January for the Disney Marathon Weekend with my husband and daughter. I love Disney! It the happiest place on Earth. I know that I was sick but we still had a great time. We love Epcot especially the world showcase. The worst part of our trip was our delayed flight home and the cold weather that was waiting for us in Northeast Ohio. 

Every time I go to Disney, I find new favorite things that give me inklings of joy. Let me tell you about this trips favorites.

Disney Favorites January 2016

1. Contemporary Resort - That was the first time I have stayed at the Contemporary. I loved having access to the monorail. We had a great room with a great view of the Electric Parade on the water. I would love to stay there again. We had a great group rate for the room otherwise we wouldn't have stayed at a Deluxe resort. 

2. Mary Poppins - I met and had my picture taken with Mary Poppins and my daughter. I have never seen her at Disney before. We also saw Alice in Wonderland but there was a very long wait to meet her.

3. Raglan Road - This is a favorite of mine from the last trip so we had to go again. It is an Irish Pub with Irish Dancers and music as well as pub food. They have great beef stew. We didn't have dessert this time but last time we had wonderful bread pudding!

4. Rock and Roll Roller Coaster - This is in Hollywood Studios. I never rode this roller coaster before so my daughter said I should go on it. I went alone. My husband can't go on roller coasters due to his MS and my daughter said she wasn't going on it again. I went in the single rider lane and waited a long time. It was fast and fun. The biggest roller coaster I have been on. In September, I plan to ride the record breaking ones at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.

5. Desserts - In France, we had to get our favorite dessert - Chocolate mousse. All three of us had it and we loved it and the break from walking around Epcot. We also had cappuccino cupcakes at a quick service restaurant. Our daughter had her own. My husband and I shared one. At the quick service restaurant at The Contemporary, there was a peanut butter tart. I love peanut butter. That was one I just had.

6. Japan - We were at Epcot on Saturday night and had dinner at the Japanese restaurant. The food there was only ok. When we left it was pouring rain, we hid out in the large store in Japan. They had fun things and candy from Japan. Our daughter brought some home.

7. France - We  had lunch at the restaurant in France. It was lovely. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. I will definitely want to try dinner there in the future. We also saw a movie that was an aerial view of France. It was beautiful. I never saw that before and was glad we found it.

8. Fireworks - We only saw the fireworks one night at Magic Kingdom. They were perfect as usual. Next time we want to see them from the California Grill at the Contemporary. 


 

We had a great time but there were a few things I wished we had done. We missed the fireworks at Epcot because I wasn't feeling well and wanted to go back to our room. We forgot to get the dole whip in Magic Kingdom. We didn't go on the Haunted Mansion ride because our daughter didn't want to go on it. We didn't get to go swimming. It wasn't warm enough except one day but we didn't have time that day. Well, I guess those are reasons to go back - as if I needed any reasons!






No comments:

Post a Comment