Thursday, February 18, 2016

Snowy Weather and Comfort Foods


Hi. It's February. February makes me think about groundhogs day, Valentine's day, and snowy, cold weather. I love groundhogs day. I even have a friend from Punxsutawney, Pa. When we went to visit her, she took us to the library to see Phil and where he lives. You can see him from outside as well as inside. So I saw the groundhog with Gobbler's Knob behind me. I was more excited than my daughter who was under 10 at that point.


Valentine's Day was this past weekend. That makes me think of $$$$ - expensive flowers, gifts and meals. This year we went to visit a friend and took her to lunch. She had just lost her husband earlier in the week. It was so nice to visit with her. We haven't seen her in a while. My husband, daughter and I had Chinese (which is her favorite) for dinner. Next year, our daughter will be away at college on Valentine's Day so I was glad to have dinner with her.

My house February 2015

February always brings lots of snow to Northeast Ohio. We had a mild November and December. Mid January winter decided to appear. Snow makes me think of cozy fires but I don't have a fireplace. Do you? It also makes me think of comfort food. I like to make my comfort food in my crockpot. I have 3. I know some of my friends like to use their crockpots (Carey, Christina, Mandy). Who else like to cook with a crockpot?






My favorite crockpot meals:

  1. Italian Wedding Soup
  2. Pasta Fagioli
  3. Italian Beef
  4. Beef Stew
  5. Chili (I use a weight watcher recipe - 2 points a cup)

There are many others I make. The last thing I made in my crockpot was sausage and peppers (Italian style). What's the last thing you make in your crockpot? What are your favorite comfort meals to make in a crockpot? Let me know if you want the recipes I use!

No comments:

Post a Comment