Thursday, October 20, 2016

Empty Nest? What do we do now?

daughter's dorm

As I have shared before, our daughter is away for her first year of college. She won't be home until Thanksgiving. Her dad and I can't wait for her to come home. I'm sure the cats and dog will be happy to see her too. We miss her very much. We have been to see her twice. I'm working on my husband to go first see her again before Thanksgiving. It probably won't work. She had done a good job texting and calling. I bet that means she misses us as well. She also misses the food at home.


She is our only child so we have an empty nest. So it is just the 2 of us and the dog occupy our time. We are no longer running her back and forth to school and band events. That has left us with a lot of free time. What to do?

Top Empty Nester Activities 
1. Go places that your child didn't like.
2. Dinner and a movie ( we go to the movies on week days in the afternoon since we are both home).
3. Try new restaurants 
4. Go to the zoo and museums in Cleveland
5. Sent care packages to child
6. Cook fancy meals together
7. Take day trips (we haven't done this yet but plan to)
8. Go out of town just the 2 of you
9. Get coffee or lunch and go to the park or beach (we live on lake Eerie)
10. Go on those fall dates

I still do things by myself including running or walking, meeting my friends, and going to Lake County Ladies from meetup.com.  I saw some writing groups and a wordpress group I'm interested in as well. I have friends with empty nests and friends with little ones. There are a few with college kids and little ones. Enjoy your time with your children. It goes supper fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment