Friday, October 7, 2016

Fall Dates Changed Up

Everyone had things they love to do in the fall or any season. My husband and I need to change up what we can do for fall dates do to his multiple sclerosis. We can still do a lot of the fun activities.

Top Fall Dates


  1. Apple picking - We go to Patterson Fruit Farm in Chesterland, Ohio. We try to go during the week when less people will be there so its less crowded then on the weekend. They have a cute little store that we get to shop in. We get homemade apple cider donuts. They are great and often warm. Then we check out the apples which we can taste. The have signs that tell you what the apple are good for - eating, sauce, pie. We usually buy a seconds bag which we then spend the next week making apple stuff. This year I made applesauce and apple cider in the crock pot. I also made an apple crisp and froze some apple pie filling.
  2. Leaf peeking - We usually drive to the wineries in the Geneva, Ohio area. Ferrante Winery is my favorite but there are many others. We will drive out and check out the leaves. Then we have lunch and buy some wine. 
  3.  Roast Marshmallows/Smores - We have a fire pit and can do this in our back yard. We live in a condo development and can't have a bonfire and this is easier to control and more romantic. I love campfires!
  4. Pumpkin picking - We get our pumpkin(s) at Mulberries Pumpkin Patch in Chesterland, Ohio. Its a cute little place where they have pumpkins of all sizes in the front yard. We can "pick" our pumpkin(s). They also have gourds, apple cider and more. 
  5.  Halloween movie-athon - We have netflix and hulu as well as cable so we have our pick of halloween movies scary or not. We make popcorn and other fall type treats. Hard cider would go well with activity too.
  6. Football game - We used to go to all the home football games and as many band competitions  as we could but our daughter is no longer in high school or the band. We like to watch college football on Saturdays. We watch North Carolina as the quarterback is local boy. He is doing great things! Instead of tailgating, we can host or attend a football party at our home or a friend's home with all the tailgating food and fun.
  7. Pumpkin Coffee - This is one of my favorite things about fall. I like lots of pumpkin things especially coffee and muffins. Dunkin Donuts has really good  pumpkin muffins although I would like them better without the icing. I love the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. Starbucks also has a pumpkin scone (I love scones) but it has way to much icing on it. It would be perfect if it was plain or just had the little bit of the darker icing
  8. Thanksgiving  - My favorite thing this fall will be driving to pick up our daughter from college for thanksgiving at our home with my in-laws!


I hope that everyone has fun this fall! I now have to go to Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte and DD for a pumpkin muffin.  (By the way - no one paid me for what I wrote above.)


No comments:

Post a Comment