Monday, November 16, 2015

A Thanksgiving with Less Stress

Its the middle of November and I am planning for Thanksgiving. Planning for holidays can be very very stressful. Busy moms (in fact anyone) can use all the help they can get. I am having Thanksgiving at my home for my family (3) and my in-laws (2). I am not having that many people but I still need to plan ahead. Here is a list of ways to make Thanksgiving less stressful.

1. Go to somewhere other than your home for dinner. You can go to a relative's or friend's home for dinner. If you are a guest, bring something easy such as a box of candy or a bottle of wine. Some restaurants are open and have a Thanksgiving menu planned. Just remember to make reservations.

2. If you are hosting dinner, make the turkey and have each guest bring another dish. Keep track of who is bringing what so that you will not have to many desserts and no veggies or potatoes! You could tell each guest what type of dish to bring or just say can you bring mashed potatoes or sweet potato casserole. Another thing to do is call your mom or aunt and ask them to make whatever is the favorite that they make for holidays.

3. When Thanksgiving is at your home, plan ahead. plan your menu early in the month of November and find out how many people are coming. Then you can start buying what you need for dinner a little at a time. I have already started myself. I bought my turkey at Target on Saturday. The Butterball turkeys are 99 cents a pound. I also bought turkey stuffing box mix which I dress up for Thanksgiving. I can share the recipe in a later post.

4. If you are only having a few people for dinner, you can make a roast chicken instead of a roast turkey. Some people also make fried turkey in a indoor or outdoor turkey fryer but be careful not to start a fire. My husband also suggested making cornish hens for each guest. I have found on pintrest how to make a turkey in a slow cooker as well as the sides.

5. The easiest plan of all is to get a turkey frozen dinner or fast food!

Happy Planning! What are your plans for Thanksgiving?





No comments:

Post a Comment