Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving to Preparing for Christmas


I missed writing my posts last week. I was too busy preparing for Thanksgiving and having my in-laws here. I was busy cleaning and shopping for the meal. I let everything except the turkey wait to the last minute instead of taking my own advice from my last post. I guess this means I need to work on my time management. 

Now that Thanksgiving is over and Black Friday has past, I want to share what I am thankful for this year. What were you most thankful for over this past year?

  1. My Family, including people in New Jersey and Illinois, has been wonderful this year helping me deal with my stress and anxiety. My husband and our daughter so helpful and wonderful. I wouldn't have made it through the year without them.
  2. I am thankful for my dog and cats who snuggle and love me. I am so happy that Lily has made it beyond her 17th birthday and that she has been a part of our family for over 10 years.
  3. My home is another thing I am thankful to have. I am thankful for the town we live in and the great schools my daughter has been able to attend.
  4. I am thankful for Weight Watchers and what a difference it is making in my life. I still have  more to go but am happy for what I have accomplished. I am so glad that I discovered running. I am still working on my couch to 5K training as I had to start over due not being able to run in the summer and lack of motivation in the early fall.
  5. Last but not least, I am thankful my friends both in Ohio and New Jersey. I am also so thankful for my readers but most of you fit into the friends or family category!

Did anyone go shopping on Black Friday? I did go to Pat Catans (local craft store) in the late morning. I did do some on line shopping over the weekend. I was very thankful that the sales were still on Sunday because my Keurig  broke. I was able to buy the Keurig 2.0 450 at Kohl's. It was on sale and I had a 20% off coupon. What a great deal! There would be no way I could be without coffee as I get up on weekday mornings at 5:45 to get my daughter off to high school. 

Daughter in the car

Now is the time to make your list and check it twice. Also to start planning for family holiday meals, if you are hosting the meal or bringing things with you. I plan to start baking soon and finish my shopping. We are traveling for Christmas to my parents house in New Jersey. My brother and his wife are hosting Christmas day at their home. What are you doing for the Christmas holiday or the holiday you celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment