Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Favorite Seasons


I have a favorite season and favorite things about each season. Think about what your favorite season is and why. My favorite season is fall but it used to be summer. I think summer was my favorite because school was on break. I have been a student and a teacher but now that I am not a teacher I have realized that I like fall the best. I do like summer and spring, too but not winter.

There are many things I have always liked about fall - the leaves, pumpkins, apples, and just the way it feels and smells. I have now learned that I enjoy Friday night high school football (My daughter is in the marching band) as well as catching the Ohio State game on Saturday night at home. I am always excited when Starbucks begins serving pumpkin spice latte or frapachino. I love all the pumpkin drinks and sweets. I love to bake pumpkin spice cookies. They are so easy. Just last week I went to the fruit farm and bought a big bag of apples. There were jonagold and so good. I baked an apple pie and make crockpot applesauce. Both were very good and fun to make.
Fall

The marching band at the first competition 
























My backyard after a snow storm

Winter is my least favorite season. I live in north east Ohio. We get a lot of snow and cold. We usually have gray skies all winter. We do have frequent snow days!!! Lily, the pug, hates the snow and it is often taller than she is. We have to shovel her a place to go potty. Although the snow can look pretty, it stays for a long time and keeps getting deeper. In the winter, we watch hockey. My husband prefers the Columbus Bluejackets but they don't win very often. I have switched over to the Chicago Blackhawks. My favorite things about winter is snuggle blankets, soft slipper socks, hot drinks and baking. Its coming soon. 





The next season is spring. Except for all the rain, this is a very pretty season. All the leaves return to the trees and the flowers bloom. Everyone in north east Ohio breathes a sigh of relief. It does take sometime to warm up in Ohio - June maybe.  I start itching to go camping but it is still to cool. The earliest we camp is Memorial Day Weekend. This year I am planning a container garden instead of just flowers. I live in a condo development and we can't plant a garden so this is what I am going to try in 2016. This spring our daughter will be graduating from high school and  I will be planning a party and hosting grandparents from out of state. This will be a busy and exciting time for us. 
Flowers at my house

Summer has beautiful weather. I love to swim and go to the beach. I grew up in New Jersey and spent a lot of time at the Jersey shore. I try to go there when I visit especially in the summer. Now I live 15 minutes from the beach on Lake Erie. My favorite thing to do in the summer is sit on my patio and read or work on writing and my planner.





Ive shared with you now its your turn. What is your favorite season and why? What do you like and dislike about the seasons. I plan I sharing things that I do based on the season to bring inklings of joy. What brings you inkling of joy in the fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment