Monday, November 2, 2015

Welcome to Inklings of Joy


     Welcome to my new blog! I’m Mary Beth Butler. I live in Northeast Ohio but I grew up in New Jersey. I’ve been married for 18 years (and counting). We have a daughter who is a senior in high school. She is in the marching band, school concert band and an area wide concert band. We keep busy running her around for all her band stuff. We have been busy this summer and early fall visiting colleges and everything that needs to be done for college applications.  We also have a dog named Lily and 3 cats (Yogurt, Shadow and Flanagan).

My family and I at senior night

Shadow

Lily


  













     I am brand new to the blogging world. I have wanted to start a blog for several years but didn’t know where to start. I was also to busy with my job as a special education teacher in an inner city school. While working that job, more and more of my time was devoted to work and sleep, not for my family or myself. I had no time to find any joy in my life. Now I am no longer working that job and looking for inklings of joy. This blog will be my journey to find joy and myself again.

I plan to post on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Monday will be about things I do to find joy and how they work out. Wednesday will be about baking or reading reviews. Friday will be about travel and whatever else I come up with or you want me to talk about that match up the other topics.  I want to hear from you! I need your feedback, suggestions and questions.


There are a few things that are bringing me joy already – my family, my pug, baking and travel. I love writing, reading, using and decorating my planner. I want to learn more about blogging and other things that bring inklings of joy. I am also preparing to be an emptynester next August. I will share about that as well as needing your advice. Looking forward to hearing from you.

1 comment: