Monday, November 9, 2015

Some of My Favorite Things - Planners

It is the time of year that I start trying to choose a planner for the next year. I have had a planner since I was in college. In fact, my dad drove me back to school on a Sunday evening to William Paterson College and I had left my planner at home. I was starting to get up set and my dad said he would go get it and come back. We lived an hour from William Paterson. My dad drove 4 hours that night to make sure I  had my planner. I called that planner my life because everything was in there that I needed to know including my assignments for classes.

I have had many types of planners including daytime and Franklin Covey. I even tried to use a bullet journal in a moleskin notebook. I loved the notebook but hated the bullet planner. This year I had the ever coveted by my planner friends on Facebook, Erin Condren Planner. I like it a lot but I did have a few issues with it.  I didn't like that I couldn't add any pages. I got a single 1/8 hole punch but that didn't work out. There were too empty places on each weekly page. Now I have learned to print stickers from Facebook and Pinterest. I can fill up some of those spaces with stickers. The biggest problem with this planner was the price - $50.00. I did have a $10 coupon to be fair but I don't want to spend that much this year.
my planner

I have searched the internet to choose sometime different for this year. I found three. I like the Uncalendar, the Passion Planner, and the Happy Planner. All three cost around $25.00. The Uncalendar and the Passion Planner are similar but I choose the Happy Planner. I feel that it goes with my goals for the year and inklings of joy. Maybe next year I will choose one of the other planners. It should be arriving this week. I will post pictures on Facebook and twitter. I will start getting it ready and putting dates that I have on my future planning page for 2016.

I also use the calendar on my phone. My planner is too big take with me and I need to schedule appointments. It also has an alarm that reminds me to leave on time. What planner do you use? Do you like paper and pen or electronic? Do you decorate you planner with stickers and washi tape? I like to to to the dollar spot in target and the dollar tree for planner decorating things and post-it notes. Sometimes I go to the craft stores but I spend too much money there. Happy planning, my friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment